|WikiProject Plants||(Rated Start-class, Mid-importance)|
Wetman added: "The American localism Kalancho (sic) comes from local usage among people so isolated from the cultural mainstream that they thought the final e of Kalanchoë was silent, and merely decorative. In fact, "Kalanchoë" rhymes with 'no way'."
- I'm "American" and I've never seen it spelled this way ("Kalancho"); maybe it is just a typo? I suggest we move it to Kalanchoe. And the proper place for POV comments is not the article, but the discussion page (not that I don't share that POV %^) - Marshman 19:07, 28 Feb 2005 (UTC)
The article refers to "The section Bryophyllum - formerly an independent genus" but in fact this group of species is still considered a separate genus by some botanists. Either way of treating Bryophyllum--as a genus or as a group within Kalanchoe--is a POV; both can be found in the botanical and horticultural literature, and there doesn't seem to be any consensus as to which way to handle this group. MrDarwin 00:47, 15 September 2007 (UTC)
Refs needed for origin of name
User Apokryltaros states that Adanson named the genus after either Kalanchoe ceratophylla or Kalanchoe spathulata. We need to find a reference for this statement. Apokryltaros has referenced the GRIN data sheets for these species at  and , but what we really need is a source that makes the claim that Adanson got the generic name from the Chinese vernacular name for one of these species. Does anyone have a print or web reference that makes this claim? Rupert Clayton (talk) 22:13, 28 November 2007 (UTC)
- Thank you for fixing the reference for me... Do we know what the type species is?--Mr Fink (talk) 18:22, 29 November 2007 (UTC)
The article fails to mention that some Kalanchoe plants sold in supermarkets in the USA are patented varieties sold under agreement that the purchaser will not propagate the plant further. David Spector (talk) 20:39, 8 October 2015 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Kalanchoe. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20071001172632/http://www.theamateursdigest.com/epoisons.htm to http://www.theamateursdigest.com/epoisons.htm
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.